Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning From Gas Dryers
You might be asking yourself right now how can a clogged dryer vent lead to carbon monoxide poisoning? How can I prevent carbon monoxide from happening in my home? Well, some dryers are run by gas, and must be properly maintained. If the exhaust fumes can no longer exit the house because the dryer ducting is clogged this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Keep reading to find out how you can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in your home.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas but it’s difficult to detect without the assistance of a special detection alarm. Carbon monoxide to detectors are not very expensive. You can purchase them at most big box hardware stores. Depending on the size of your house and it’s layout, it might be worth considering placing CO detectors close to key sources of potential carbon monoxide leaks. Areas such as; furnaces, gas dryers, fireplaces, or gas ranges if you have one.
Most people don’t know they’re being affected by carbon monoxide till they experience symptoms. If not detected it is potentially a fatal gas and it is a problem that faces everyone who uses a combustible fuel in their home.
Dryer Proz will clean and inspect your dryer ducting system to make sure it is free of all clogs and debris so that proper airflow is maintained and exhaust gases are taken to the outside of the building where they belong. This is a key step to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning from harming you and your family.
If you require a dryer vent inspection or dryer vent cleaning please call us at 519-808-7779.